Learn Modern Square Dance
B51 level beginning September 26 and October 3
Modern, sometimes called choreographed square dance exercises your mind and body while you make new friends in this family friendly environment. Ages 10 and up.
Modern square dance differs from old fashioned square dance in one main way. In modern square dance, people learn around 60 calls or moves during a group of weekly classes. Once they finish class, they can dance at any modern square dance, anywhere in the world (calls will be in English), without more instruction.
Beginning dancers learn B51 modern square dancing with 51 calls in 10 consecutive weeks of classes. Once you have finished the B51 lessons, come back and “angel” for the next class and then stay for Mainstream class to learn an additional 19 calls.
- B51 classes are on Tuesdays and start September 26 and ends November 28 – from 7–8:30 p.m. (10 consecutive weeks)
- At the Emerald Square Dance Center, 2095 Yolanda Ave., Springfield, Oregon
- Casual Clothing
- No Partner Needed
- Families Welcome
- $3.00 per class, under 18 Free
- B51 dances will be held once a month, beginning in November. Cost $5 per person.
Use the form to be notified on the start of any class sessions?
Can’t attend the September 26 start?
- Winter class starts December 5 and ends February 13 – from 7–8:30 p.m. (10 consecutive weeks)
- Spring class starts February 20 and ends May 1 – from 7–8:30 p.m. (10 consecutive weeks)
Once B51 lessons are complete and you feel ready to learn more calls, attend Mainstream Classes. Same dates as B51, from 8:30–9 p.m.
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Dare to Dance Square or call Christine Beneda at 541-520-9549 after normal working hours.